A Bunch of Things I Wish I had Done Because of Books | Top Ten Tuesday

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish, in which every Tuesday we list ten things (or more, or less) about that week's topic. This week's topic is ten things book have made me want to do or learn after reading them.


1. Geocaching

What is geocahing, you ask? Well, it's a world treasure hunt of sorts. That's right, you heard me right. There's an official page and everything. The page gives you coordinates to little caches people have hid and you go looking for them. There's things in these caches and you can take one as long as you put one back in. I learned about this wonderful activity because of Justina Chen's North of Beautiful.


2. How to use a dagger

This is not because of a particular book, but rather because a bunch of them. I mean, imagine how badass it would be to actually know how to use a dagger? The fear I could instill in the heart of my enemies!



3. Complete a summer bucket list

I seriously want to just do crazy stuff during the summer. Skinny dipping? Sure, why not. Kiss a stranger? Did he brush his teeth? Sure, let's do it. I don't know, it looked so fun when Emily from Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson did it that I just want to try it.


4. Go on a road trip with my friends

I've traveled by car plenty of times... with my parents. So, I want to go on a road trip with my friends. Just set out and have a great time, prepare some great playlists and have a great time. Maybe even get lost.


5. Kiss someone

Me, I've never kissed someone. My lips remain untouched. Yup, you heard right. So, books have made me want to kiss someone. At this point sometimes it feels like anyone will do, but then I remember the books and I go: No, Laura, it's okay to wait for someone you click with, but also please do hurry up.



6. Travel Europe by myself

Really just to travel by myself, but I feel like Europe would be a great place to start. Books in which the protagonist sets off to travel by herself are my faves and it's something I would love to try myself someday.

7. Include more diversity into my own work

I've been writing since I was pretty young. Ever since I could write story time at school was my favorite thing ever and while my classmates groaned at having to write a short story, I loved it. So, in my reading journey I've noticed a lack of diversity and this has made me want to incorporate some of it in my own work.



8. Ride a horse

Why? I don't know. Would I be any good at it? I don't think so. I still want to ride a horse at least once in my lifetime. It seems like it could be fun, or catastrophic, either way I'd have a story to tell. Also can you imagine my hair rustling in the breeze as I heroically ride into battle? Who wouldn't want to see that?






9. Learn a foreign language

I already know two languages (and other two but I'm by no means fluent in them at all) but I want to learn more. I've seen how characters in books travel and although most of the world does have some knowledge of English I think I would like to know the language of the people I'm speaking with. Even if it's just a little bit. Also multilingualism is cool. Also, you get to learn swear words other people can't understand.

10. To live as fully as I can

Books have made me want to have adventures and live life as fully as I can and for that I'm indebted to them. Forever. 

What about you? What are some things books have made you want to do?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the bucket list! After I read Since You've Been Gone, I decided to start doing bucket-lists! I didn't end up finishing my list, but I still hope to finish it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made one up for this summer and I haven't completed that either, but hopefully next summer, maybe?

      Delete